Sunday, February 23, 2020

June 2019

We headed up AF Canyon and met Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen for a beautiful scenic drive and camp fire dinners.  They rode on their quad and we joined them on our razor.  It was such perfect weather and just a beautiful day!













Chris bought me a Molcajete for mother's day - it's essentially a cool bowl made out of stone that we make salsa with.


Ty and Libby did two sets of swim lessons this summer, and we've had ample reasons to put on swimsuits between neighbors, cousin time, etc.  So much fun!













Some horned toads were brought to our home again and loved to death......









THIS GUY:  This is my amazing brother! He has ALWAYS had my back since I was a small child and we just really like being siblings:)  For his birthday this year I wanted to surprise him and go to breakfast.  At this point...I don't know who was more surprised.  I spoke to his wife and found out when he would be headed out to work.  When I got on the road I was a few minutes late...and was rushing to get there on time.  As I got out of my car, Travis's truck fired up.  (He wasn't in it, he had remote-started it).  As I went to the front door to knock, it opened!  And we were BOTH surprised...lol.  We had amazing Kneader's french toast and just enjoyed a good time!   




Happy Father's Day AND Birthday to this incredible man!  He continues to love us just the way we are and keep us on our toes. He's a tease, a red-meat chef, ice cream maker, and a popcorn enthusiast.  This year he did some strange things - like sell his truck for a gas-efficient hybrid car and our razor was sold (yup - this post is old cause I'm writing it in 2020) and he's made a lot of sacrifices on some of the things he loves.  He's working for the "big picture" and continues to sacrifice so much for our well-being.  I'm so grateful to have him as an example. 




The week after Chris's birthday we found out that I was expecting a baby girl!!!!  This was a TOTAL SHOCK.  Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE had convinced me I was having a boy...and so during the ultra sound when the nurse said girl, I was ENTIRELY SHOCKED and COMPLETELY DELIGHTED!!!  I really wanted a sister for Liberty and selfishly another girl for our family and that is the good gift our Heavenly Father gave us.  We were SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!




I went to The Good and the Beautiful's homeschool conference and was totally shocked when the keynote speaker was an old friend from my freshman year on the UVU Ballroom Team!  She was an incredible speaker and it was fun to catch up!


My sister-in-law Emilie was at the conference and it was so great to sit by her and enjoy it with someone!


SORENSEN FAMILY REUNION
St. George, UT

We had so much fun at our family reunion!  The pool, the dinosaur museum, dinosaur tracks, Nielsen's, laughs around the fire, Little Mermaid at Tuachan, Toy Story 3, yummy food, sealings at the St. George Temple with my whole family and straight-up fun family time!!!






















Chris hung up his hammock and it's perfect under our porch!  The kids LOVE it.




We did an exercise where we put what we wanted to be and posted it in the kitchen.  The picture of Libby is my favorite...she drew her face and hair and I smile every time I look at it!!!




Jupiter and it's three moons!  We could see it from our telescope and it was SO COOL!


Chris and Ty did some elk scouting and found the BIGGEST horned toad I have ever seen!





Libby and Daddy went to Spring Lake 


Ty was our mowing machine this year.  He earned $3 every time he mowed the yard and earned enough to buy and RC car that he had on his vision board.


For Chris's birthday we did a moonlight chairlift at Sundance.  For me, it was slightly terrifying but I think Chris enjoyed it!


For Chris's birthday breakfast we had crepes and chocolate milke.  We also gave him a basket of his favorite treats!


Ty and Libby slept on the trampoline!  




Working in the garden!




We decorated Chris's office for his birthday.  Ty used streamers to make a guy with a gun killing an elk.  It made me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment