We went to Hawaii. It was spontaneous and fun with only 10 days to plan. Not much time to stress-just to get it done. It was awesome. A timeshare fell into our hands and we were able to use business points to pay for one of our tickets and partial of another one. We also invited Paul and Dena and the trip happened! Below will be the picture itinerary of what we did.
The flight...the flight was early and long. Good thing for books and noise cancelling head phones!
We made it! We are in downtown Honolulu with a gorgeous banyan tree.
Our first meal was appropriately crab. It was CRABULOUS! And buttery. SO GOOD.
Honolulu Chapel
This place was a gem. It also conveniently had an incredible 2-hour Christmas musical fireside. You couldn't NOT feel the Aloha Spirit. My heart was so full.
The choirs, soloists and dancers made for an inspiring fireside!
So I'm sitting there during the fireside and I look out the door to my left and THERE, RIGHT THERE was my cousin Holly and her family. It was so neat to see her here. There are no coincidences ( I mean, out of all of the 24 doors in this unique chapel, she was standing at the exact one I was sitting next to) and it only warmed my heart MORE!
Love this family:)
Haunauma Bay
The snorkeling was great. No sharks this time. LOTS of fish. Such a great place.
Gya Kaku. I have no clue what the name of this restaurant means, but for us, it meant all-you-can-eat MEAT and veggies and anything you could grill on the little BBQ in the middle of the table. Chris and Paul were in heaven! It was also in walking distance of our time-share and oh-so-tasty!
YUMMY....
Valley of the Temples! LOVE this place. Love the mountains behind it.
So gorgeous!
Buddah
-Paul is lighting insense
Paul and Dena enjoying this gorgeous place!
China Man's Hat
The Point (in Laie)
The waves were CRAZY and it was so fun to watch them slam into the cliffs while we enjoyed some Angel's Hawaiian shaved ice.
THE POINT
Laie Temple.
Pose like you love each other.
Cause you do.
Family - Also, THE POINT.
I love this visitor's center.
I spent a lot of time here as a student because it was the only AC'd building available on Sundays!
Waiamea...my favorite beach as a student.
Turtle Beach.
Nope, that's not a rock. It was a turtle. And it was awesome cause they hadn't had a turtle on that beach for weeks. But one came the day we showed up. Blessings!
If you're in North Shore...Matsumoto's is the place for shave ice.
They had really re-done the place since I was a student there. It's fun to see change. And weird too.
Papaya. Guys. I do enjoy this quirky little fruit. I was excited to have some fresh papaya. Yay!
La Mariana Sailing Club
The food was okay. The atmosphere was fun.
The restaurant was designed for episodes of Hawaii 5-0 and was a fun little place.
Makapu'u Point
At the blowhole, we saw a WHALE!
I wasn't hopeful, whale season wasn't in full-swing yet, but we saw one! TOO COOL.
Nu'uanu Pali Lookout. Incredible!
But wierd cause there was a CRAZY amount of bees.
Lanikai Beach.
This.
This was the place with perfectly calm waters, the color is phenomenal, and the views were fabulous. If we go back anytime soon, I'd like to schedule a few days on this perfect piece of paradise. The snorkeling here is good too and Dena got stung by a jelly fish! Nothing like being right in with the REAL deal!
Gya-Kaku take #2
If you're achin' achin' achin'
For some bacon, bacon, bacon,
You can be a big pig too!
Seal. In all of my years at BYU-H, how did I miss this?
Apparently monk seals have a home here.
Can't say I blame them.
I taught Paul to husk a coconut.
He's make a great islander.
LOVE this place. So grateful it was my home for 2 years!
Gardens behind the Laie Temple.
Laie Temple
Plumeria - my fav flower.
Lychee (or rambutan) I missed you! So tasty.
Chocolate Haupia (coconut) pie at Ted's Bakery.
Oh the memories!
Sharks Cove
Sharks Cove was my favorite experience.
The fish are SO CLOSE.
The weather was SO GOOD.
The company was perfect.
We stayed until sun set.
It was the perfect way to end our trip.
ALOHA!





















































No comments:
Post a Comment