August started out how it always has my whole life....with my birthday!!!!
Chris made me crepes with pudding sauce and berry syrup. MY FAVE!
He also picked and arranged those beautiful sunflowers! Aren't I so blessed to have such an incredibly thoughtful man?
Libby thinks is hilarious to have grapes in your cheeks...I think she's right.
These two pictures of Libby and Tate are so precious to me! Libby REALLY loves her brother and she wants to always help him with everything. They are so blessed to have each other.
Birthday Dinner!!! Chris bought me crab. We steamed it in our instant pot and then it didn't make it to our mouths until it was drowning in butter....heaven!
P.S. I turned 33. Which was weird to me because for some reason I thought I turned 33 the year before...so I was feeling a little sad that I missed out on 32. LOL! I wasn't that sad...but it was just funny!
Another FANTASTIC part of my birthday was the day before! My mom and Heather showed up and we made a carrot cake and hung out. They brought me a beautiful bouquet of birthday balloons!
LOVE these kids.
Ty invited Libby to come sit on the couch with him and teach her the ABC's from his Book of Mormon. It was such a sweet brotherly moment and I just snuck this picture to remember it!
My sister headed back to Georgia at the beginning of August. I am just so grateful for this incredible lady! She's the best. I am so glad for the time we got to spend together!
We spent lots of time in grandma's back yard with our kids!
PANTRY MAKEOVER
BEFORE
The insanity during!!!
Paint
Wallpaper
Feeling "Ahhh..." when I open the door.
Such an adventurer!
Dinner at the Youngs!
Happy Sabbath
CHEEKS + LIPS
Met my friend Kimberly Acerson Friess at the splash pad! It had been YEARS! She's still an incredible example and so good to her core!
Love those lips!
STINK FACE
Okay, I just love this pic!
It exemplifies the girl I love! She's a beauty (a sleeping beauty) and here she is in her princess dress covered in dirt! She's tough, yet sensitive, girly and fearless.
She is going to do great things in this world.
She LOVES bugs, flies, worms, moths, you name it. They all become her pets.
She still yells, "Don't look at me!" when I ask her to do something and she doesn't want to do it, but she chooses to do it, but doesn't want me to see her doing it.
She loooooves her brothers and always wants me to turn on music so she can dance.
She's ALWAYS hungry, especially at Grandma Sorensen's house.
She keeps us laughing and we are so grateful for our tough little princess!
We tried out making sourdough donuts. They were pretty yummy!
"We are bees in a beehive!"
I've talked lately to the kids about how our family is a hive of bees....lol. We all have to do our small part to make things sweet! This night the kids were really helping us shovel tile and haul it off. Chris was pretty proud of our hard workers and took them on a little quad ride afterwards!
THIS.
My neighbor.
She's SUPERWOMAN.
When we were out shoveling tile Tate was getting upset. She and her older kids were outside enjoying a gorgeous rainbow and she walked over and asked if she could take Tate for 20 min so we could finish our job. So, seeing that she didn't have HER TWINS (her second set, btw) and thinking she must have put them to bed already, I said that would be fabulous and I'll come grab Tate in 20.
So in 20 minutes, I knocked on her door and this is how she answered it!
We were shoveling tile because it has all been removed from our retaining walls and now they have matching stucco on them. It really helps the house pop!
Ty and Libby both were being disciplined while I was feeding Tate. I completely forgot about the glass plate full of green baby food....this kid stayed quiet and just played in it until I got back. Good Tate! I'm just really glad that he didn't throw the plate off of his high chair and have it shattered across the floor. Which, chances are pretty good for that to happen since I haven't quite convinced him that avocado is yummy.
LOVE
HAPPY SABBATH
Second Sunday dinner at the Sorensen's
Ty thought this helmet looked great on Tate.
Tate has been working outside with us on the yard. So he sits in this saucer and loves watching Ty and Libby zoom around him on their bikes.
This man looks good on a quad.
The kids have been earning extra chores...and one day I felt crazy and let them "help" me mop the floor. It was fun to watch them try to mop it, but let's be honest. It was a giant wet mess...but at least they are learning to pitch in!
Ty went on his first backpacking trip!
It was a TOUGH hike.
He LOVED it.
I still can't get him to take his hiking boots off.....
While the boys were away, we spent the time at Grandma Sorensen's house.
We also went our to dinner!
Libby got an ice cream cone ad part of our girls weekend!
Ty got a bloody nose right before our Sunday pics....
Still hiking....
Tate likes the piano...
Just in case you wanted to know what I looked like as a little squirt! I had these on my phone so I'm sharing them here.
Does Libby look like me???
ECLIPSE DAY!! (Aug 21, 2017)
We headed up Payson Canyon with the Allred's and the Telford's (two families in our ward that homeschool) and set up our day camp. We talked about the eclipse, watched it, and then had lunch.
Libby and Taya
It was such a cool experience. I was totally amazed at how cold and dark-ish it got. The shadows were neat too! Best part of all? Sharing it with my kiddos. Wish we could have been with Chris, but it was super fun for the kids to be with other families who homeschool as well.





No comments:
Post a Comment