Well, here's the latest - buckle up and scroll down:)
These two...they are playing pretty well together for the most part.
On our Sorensen traditional pie day (the day before Thanksgiving where pies are crafted in utter perfection and tastiness of sorts) we did something different. We actually brined a turkey too!!! My mom and I made a brine and put the turkey in a bucket in the cold for the day and night. I got up the next morning and put it in the roaster and the results were fabulous!!!! I will definitely be doing this again. So juicy and tasty.
Thanksgiving morning Ty worked on a little airplane project and Libby got her nails "painted for my costume." She still asks me often to paint her nails for her costume, since that is what we did at Halloween - and she loves it.
We had a fresh blanket of snow on Thanksgiving morning, and since we were hosting Thanksgiving, that left a lot of de-icing and snow removal for Chris on our never ending steps.
Family insanity!
Aunty Susie and David also joined us for our FEAST!
I loved having everyone in the same room!
Abby braided Libby's hair and it was sooooo cute!
Family
Pie Perfection. This year we had apple crisp, pumpkin, banana cream, coconut cream, and chocolate silk. Not a bad spread:)
Ty and Libby had a picnic in the living room.
Ty loves his cousin Ruth. I think she likes him too:) She climbed up and sat on his lap and he was in heaven.
Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen joined us for church because Chris and I spoke in sacrament meeting and we needed someone to sit with the kids. It was great to have them here!
Sunday dinner shenanigans led by Grandpa Sorensen.
My Ty boy is 5!!!!!!
Grandma and Grandpa Watkins joined us for his birthday dinner. This sweet boy loves his grandparents! And he loved their gift!
For Ty's birthday dinner he requested Pasta Roni and meat. Ha. So we obliged with steak, pasta roni, a salad and something else I don't remember.
He asked me for a DinoTrux cake and this is the easiest thing I could come up with (we celebrated the day after thanksgiving, so I wanted simple.) The cake was easy and didn't require too much artsy-ness from me. Yay!
At Thanksgiving there was MUCH to be grateful for, but the thing I think Chris and I were most grateful for (other than the usual - Jesus, Family, etc) was the help he received from family at the duplex. The duplex has been a constant stress and pressure for Chris. Having his parents and Morgan give up a time to serve was a huge blessing. We are so grateful for that help!!!
On Ty's birthday morning we had crepes, pudding sauce and berry syrup.
He wanted a chainsaw:)
Her royal cuteness...so grateful for this princess!
Even though it didn't snow much, she couldn't resist!
We had a liquidation sale with HatchetsandAxes.com and cleaned out our garage of all of the tomahawks we've had building up. It has been fabulous and I was able to help Chris with it and it's nice to have them cleaned out!
We had LOTS of packages going out!
Ty and his selfies....
Decorating for Christmas!
When you're just as so cute, you can decorate in your panties if you want to....
The Cox boys know how to dress in style!
On Dec 1st we headed to Walmart with the Youngs and the Coxes. We did a little Santa work for a boy named Javier. We all went shopping together.
Then we wrapped gifts at Terie's house.
And we ate donuts. It was a great way to start of the month of December in service!
After the shopping trip we headed to the duplex to see daddy. The duplex is still progressing and we are hoping to have the upstairs done by Christmas. We are so close! And I really want the upstairs done by the time I have this baby!
We headed up to SLC with my parents for my Aunt Susie's art show at the JSMB.
Some of my favorite people at my favorite place!
Ty complained that he couldn't keep his eyes open...lol.
Special place
Less than a week after Ty's birthday he was bugging me to "do something fun." He had just had his birthday so I knew he had plenty of new toys to play with. After I suggested his toy chainsaw, he said, "I don't like it anymore." That lit a fire under my behind and he went to the duplex to work with Daddy for the day. I was frustrated and upset at his ingratitude...so while he was gone I got rid of half of his toys and re-organized his room. Libby was a saint and happily played and played while I worked and worked. Ty hardly noticed that anything was all that different. He hasn't asked for a single toy that I cleaned out. We have too much stuff.....so it felt great to purge.
When Ty came home from the duplex that night, he brought me a boquet of flowers. On the drive home from the duplex Chris told Ty they were going to go to the store and buy mommy flowers. Ty asked, "Daddy, can I buy them with the money I earned working at the duplex today?" So Ty gave up all of his money and bought me flowers. I was so touched and couldn't hold back the tears. What a sweet boy!
36 weeks
Sabbath Fun
With all the stress of the duplex and this baby boy coming soon, Chris and I were blessed to go on a "Company retreat" for our business. We left the kids with my mom and headed to SLC for a couple of days. We got a couples massage, ate out, got to do a live session at the SLC temple, watch movies, etc. It was just what we needed!
37 weeks
Cowboy Ty
Last week we went to the Cox boy's Christmas concert. They did amazing! It was so fun to watch and hear the beautiful Christmas music. Libby was standing in her seat trying to do the actions with the songs. Super fun!
Ward Christmas Party!
"Mom, Santa is true!"
Christmas shopping and date night. Chris was in seafood HEAVEN.
Braid! I'm trying. Libby's hair has the most beautiful blond highlights. I LOVE the look it has braided. So cute.
Silly Sabbath.
Happy Sabbath!
No comments:
Post a Comment