Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Fabulous Fun

Here's Life!


We tried an authentic Argentine restaurant in Salem that just opened.  We had empanadas and milanesa.  Chris wasn't too impressed, but it was sure fun to try something new!!!! 



Sunday Mugs


Sunday Thugs


FHE with the Wheelers! I made a bunch of Halloween shaped sugar cookies and we had the Wheeler's over to help decorate.  We truly do miss our old ward and the true friendships we had there.  Having the Wheeler's over means that Chris had Nick to talk fishing and hunting with, the kids are busy playing with each other and Amber and I can chat about mom life.  Love it!



We were lucky enough to have the Gomm's (cutest newlyweds EVER!) come to sacrament meeting with us this Sunday!  So of course, they had to join in on the weekly picture.


Notice Buddy's white bandage on his hand?  The two of them were rock climbing with friends when someone accidentally knocked a pretty big rock down which first smashed his wife's (Tessa) thumb and then hit his finger taking off his nail and embedding a few rocks into his finger.  A trip to the ER, one sleepless night, and we got them for sacrament meeting on Sunday:)  Sorry about the pain but we sure enjoyed the visit!


Witches Night Out!


New ward friends:  Marissa Weaver, Bre Smith, Brittany Anderson, Me, and Jodi Morris.

We went to Gardener Village in SLC and ate dinner, watched a show!


Willy Wonka at the Scera with the Coxes!



Just a little fall-time fishin'....


Popcorn snacks....


We made a volcano!


Soda and vinegar are exciting things!  We had a dirt pile and I took a skinny necked vase, buried it, and we added Ty's favorite color of food coloring and there you have it!



Ty enjoyed helping me with the sugar cookies!


We also made playdough.  The day I made it was THE BEST DAY EVER!  The kids kept them entertained for HOURS.  It was amazing.


Ty was feeding playdough cookies to the skeleton...poor skeleton didn't put on any weight!


I love when Ty dresses up!  He's wearing like 9 hats and a bunch of scarves.  Love my sweet boy!  He really enjoys feeling the baby kick.  I LOVE THAT!  He tries to get Libby interested, but she doesn't care.  I just love the light in his eyes when he feels the baby kick and looks at me.  

I have been enjoying playing with my sourdough bread, fun stuff with the kids, and being 30 weeks pregnant.  Glad to finally be in the 30's, ya know?  Can't wait to meet our little guy!

So my favorite story this week was the Chris got up with the kids for me on Sunday morning.  I love when that happens!  A while later I smelled oil cooking, so I was sure he had started on some pancakes.  I texted him:  "Food?" and he texted back, "Uhhhh...we had popcorn."  Chris loves popcorn and the kids had no complaints for popcorn for breakfast.  I just laughed!

Chris was busy with our yard last week.  I should go take a pic and post it...but it's crazy.  The front is trenched completely out, pipes are in and leveled, 4 inch drainage holes are drilled into the retaining walls and pipes are coming through.   Now we just need put on the mesh, get the gravel, and fill them in!  Chris has been a WORK HORSE!  

DUPLEX: This week he'll spend more time at the duplex.  He's got the electrical upstairs finished.  All of the old plumbing out and new plumbing in.  The tubs are in and plumbed, outdoor lighting is partly complete, new side door in, kitchen upper cabinets are up, and he's spending the next few days painting and then hopefully we'll get the flooring in.  We passed yesterday's inspection and are happy things are progressing.  Still lots to do and decide, but what an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment