Update on the Watkins Family:
Ty is growing up! He is really enjoying Upstart (online preschool sort of - in 15 min a day) and he is LOVING his music class. He is learning to catch himself when he's about to say...Poop or other inappropriate words. I'm impressed. We also have a code-word to help us all remember to speak kindly. So if I get mad and start yelling or he is yelling at his sister, one of us says, "Pollywog Toots!" (I let him pick the code words) and it reminds us to lower our voice and be kinder. He's great. It also helps that the word makes us all want to giggle. He has enjoyed writing this week and working on his letters. I love to see him just want to do it. I haven't pushed it and have gone with his drive. Libby still says, "I'm sick to have an apple" or "I'm sick to watch something" if she just wants an apple or to watch something or other random things. She also started telling us a story tonight in such an animated and cute way. She's a lot of fun. Last week she finally got her L's down! The is no longer Yibby or Yiberty. She can say her L's like a pro!
Chris has been a workhorse - as you'll see below. We closed on a duplex last week and he's been going non-stop! Chris finished our mantle last week, he's close on our front door stuff, and very close on the fire pit area.
Me - I'm 25 weeks prego tomorrow and our little nugget (Ty said if we are having a boy we should name him nugget) is moving ALL THE TIME. I forget how fun that is. I'll enjoy it while he has room to move around, as I know in the next 15 weeks, it will get really cramped - for both of us!
Chris bathed the kids the other day and Libby came down nudy-buns with the towel on her head. She was just too cute to not take a pic!
Apple Picking Day 2016!
We have 7 apple trees that needed to be picked and so the Coxes and the Youngs were kind enough to come and partake of fun and fruit!
Fresh apple juice! YUM! Cousins are so fun! And notice the colors...they are all in blue...it was a BYU game day!
These two can be such cute friends.
They always request to do a silly one after the nice ones.
Libby and I went to Salem Ponds while Ty was at music class. Libby threw rocks in the water and was having fun, but then threw a rock at a duck. The rock hit the duck square in the head and I felt so bad! We learned we don't throw rocks at ducks.:)
We have purchased a duplex in Spanish Fork. That is what we have done a lot this week - go to the duplex. It was built in the 1930's and it needs a lot of TLC.
Chris headed up to the attic of the duplex. He's so brave!
The duplex has a walnut tree. Ty spent an hour breaking open walnuts. His hands and nails are stained pretty bad. He looks as though he hasn't washed his hands or cleaned his nails in years.
SNAILS! That has been a fun for the kids, but probably not for the snails.
Libby helped vacuum.
The front of the duplex and sorry - my finger got in the way.
My parents showed up at 7:30 this morning at our home and we made waffles, ate breakfast, and headed to the duplex. My dad gave Chris some great electrical advice. Grateful to my dad for fitting us in his busy schedule! He has been helping Travis finish his basement so they can fit their family in their home before their new little baby arrives next month. Grateful to my mom for the waffles:) Yum!
My mom caught a grasshopper for Libby. She told the kids to pull off the grasshopper's jumping legs and then it wouldn't jump away. The grasshopper promptly bit my mom, (you would too if someone ripped off your legs) and so she ripped off it's head and handed it to Libby. That grasshopper was moving for HOURS and Libby kept playing with it.
Demo Day!
Relaxing after a big day of duplex....
Relaxing over! Chris has almost finished the rock wall. He was filling in the cement blocks so we can put the caps on next week. Chris has been working so much all day-like the energizer bunny!
Kids wanted to have a bath with the jets tonight.
This week we had a tender mercy. Three young men in our ward who are about to leave on missions came and dug the trench on our front retaining wall. We can't do it with a mini excavator because the equipment wouldn't fit. We are grateful that someone could do it, as we have been a bit busy with the duplex!
your kids are getting so big!! and a duplex wow!! what a big but hopefully fun project!!
ReplyDeletealso lana LOVED upstart preschool! Hope ty does too!
ReplyDeleteAlso somehow I think I missed the pregnant thing congrats! Are you finding out the gender?
ReplyDelete