Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thanksgiving and I have a 4 year old!

For Ty's birthday I made him a triceratops pinata.  I enjoyed the creativity of it all.  I was going to do it in green and yellow, but Ty got to pick out the paint when we were at Walmart, so he chose a robin egg blue color.  He said next year I could make him a green pinata...lol.




Monday night Chris was at the Jazz game with Greg Perry, so we went to Reams and got their HUGE 50 cent ice cream cones.  There was way too much ice cream, so I just set a timer and when the time went off, the ice creams went into the trash.  The kids did surprisingly well with that.


On Wednesday we drove thru wind and snow (not the whole time) to get to Orderville, UT where we met up with Chris's family for a Thanksgiving family reunion.  Grandpa has a tradition of taking all of the kids on a walk/hike.  What a great morning to enjoy the beauties!  Libby did fall/roll going down the trail and scraped up her forehead, but that girl is a trooper!



Watkins family tradition: AMAZING and TASTY lunch.  Shrimp cocktail, leek dip and chips, cheese tray, pumpkin cookies, gosh I can't remember it all, but I'm pretty sure I ate it all!


Libby had SO MUCH FUN with all of the love her cousins gave her.  She had so much attention and she loved it all!  She is so blessed to have such great cousins!


What a delicious spread!  Yay for Thanksgiving dinner!


Thanksgiving dinner!



Love these love birds!


Libby and Grandpa :)



I took this picture on my last night with Ty as a 3 year old.  I enjoy this sweet boy so much.  He makes me laugh daily and is so creative and fun.  He is the boy that made me a mom, the best and greatest thing I have ever done.  4 is a fun and exciting age.  Things that have changed for him now that he is 4:
- He has to do most of his own teeth brushing
-He gets to put on his own socks
-He gets two gummy vitamins instead of one
-He is stronger (so he tells me)
-He got to decorate the Christmas Tree this year
-He gets to clear his own plate and put it in the sink


Libby got to hold baby Ruth.  Libby LOVES baby Ruth.


Not a new hat fashion - birthday party games!  We played games as we celebrated Ty, Charlie, and Maddy's birthdays.  This game you had to put tights on your head with tennis balls and try and knock down water bottles.  


Ty was hillariously terrible at this game.  He finally grabbed the socks/balls and used them to bat down the water bottles.


Pinata time!  Ty got the first swing and the last :)


Presents!!!


Cuteness!
This girl's favorite pass time lately is toilet time.  She loves to play in the toilet!  I fell asleep while the kids were watching a movie.  I woke up and Libby was gone.  She normally comes back and forth, but she had stopped coming back and forth.  I found her in the upstairs bathroom of the place we were staying in quite a mess.  She had a system...she would grab toilet paper dip it in the toilet and then walk it over to the tub and place it there.  Thru the 20 minutes I was asleep, she had used most of the toilet paper roll and filled the bathtub with soggy toilet paper, covered the floor of the bathroom in toilet water and soaked herself quite completely in....TOILET WATER!!!  
Yesterday Ty went poop, didn't flush, and left the bathroom door open.  Can you guess what Libby was doing when I found her?  UGH!  


Charlie and Ty sharing the snake chocolate cake that Emilie made.  Ty blew out each candle individually.  Charlie got all of is 9 candles in one swift blow!



Cousins


Family



Ben and Emilie made the treacherous drive thru wind, traffic, and SNOW the whole way to our home while driving a U-Haul and Ems was pulling a U-Haul trailer behind her van with the kids.  They are staying with us until they sell their AZ home and purchase one here.  They have had a smile on the whole time and have been TROOPERS.


Tuesday night we decorated for Christmas.  


We are so looking forward to this holiday season and spending it with family.  Christmas is now my favorite holiday as I share it with these sweet kiddos and explain to them about Jesus being born.  These are precious times and I LOVE being their mommy.


1 comment:

  1. Ah!! Look at your kids! They are getting so big and are SO cute!!! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete