Sunday, September 27, 2015

September 27


Monday we started our week with one of our value books.  Ty was so excited when he saw the book and the boots, hat, etc.  However he wasn't as excited about the actual reading of the book and I honestly don't blame him.  It wasn't one of the clearest of messages..but that's what life is - we just keep trying different ways and methods of learning!


Monday Grandma Sorensen came over and spent the entire day with me making applesauce.  It's a lot of work with a sweet reward:)


On Tuesday we went to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum for their home school day.  This museum is perfect for my kiddos at this stage in life!  I am really sad it is over an hour away, because it is such an incredible museum...and well, it costs A LOT too...but home school day was really cheap.


There was a really cool contruction/building area that Ty loved!


Libby RAN to the water when she saw it!  This girl loves water!


The place where we spent the most time was on the roof where the REAL helicopter was.  Ty and Libby loved getting a turn in the helicopter and Ty loved talking on the phone in the command center.




After the museum we went to the temple for a quick meet up with Mikey and Caitlin!


So grateful they dropped everything and met us at my favorite place!


So Libby is enjoying squishing her food with her hands.  I know it is developmentally appropriate and good for her, but I honestly hate the mess it makes!!!  Libby has been quite emotional...this week has been a little harder with her.  And her screaming...oh!  She needs to stop screaming!


Ty helped me Wednesday morning bake an apple pie for young women's.


Tyronious


Met up with Cami, Erica and Shelley on Weds afternoon.  SO GREAT to see my Hawaiian sistas!


Ty finished sports camp on Thursday.  They gave him a medal and he got to stand on the platform and we all clapped.  So fun.  He is really going to miss sports camp!


So we have had an ok grill for the last 5 years of our marriage.  And for Chris's 30th birthday I had the plan to buy him a new grill...that was to be his surprise.  I'd talked to Grandpa Watkins about it and he said that I'd be able to find a decent used Weber on Craig's list within my budget.  Well, Chris got his 30th birthday gift 8 months early....he found a brand new Weber grill right on budget at the NPS store (if any of you move to Utah...this store is awesome!!!)  So...I'm off the hook for his birthday present! 


Ty and I went on a date yesterday.  We went to BYU to The Young Person's Guide to Orchestra.  I wanted to give Ty a little exposure...and he didn't love it.  His expectation was that we would play games....but we just watched an hour long presentation that wasn't as child friendly as I had hoped...or maybe I hoped it would be toddler friendly.  


We went to Chick-Fil-A afterwards, and Ty was way more excited about that.  


My momma and I went to the Women's Session last night....LOVE my mom!


We saw the eclipse tonight!  Pretty cool stuff.  It took a while - because the mountains are so close here, but we were excited to share it with Ty!  

Random side note:  Chris took his real estate test on Friday AND PASSED!!!  After HOURS and HOURS of classes and studying, he got it over with!!!  I am so proud of my hard-working hubby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment