So Chris and I took on a new project. We like working on our marriage! :) Bed sets are just expensive and I didn't have a huge budget....so I've been looking and looking on KSL classifieds and finally found what I was looking for! I wanted a Captain's Bed (which means the drawers are under the bed) because I didn't want extra dressers taking up space in my room. Now, you're going to see the before pics, and the bedset doesn't look like it needs to be redone. AKA - you're going to think I look crazy. But the bedset was 8 years old, had significant water damage on the tops of the nighstands, lots of dings and things that needed to be sanded out. It also wasn't the color I wanted, although it was a very nice oak color. I can't have dark furniture in my bedroom, it is too small for that. I don't have any before pics of the bedroom set put together because I just unloaded it in pieces and that's what you get for before pics.
Ty helped me by taking the screws off of the doors in the foot board.
I am putting the color here in case I need to touch up in the future....Varnished Ivory.
My hubby loves me so much....he painted, I prepped.
So funny thing. The bedset couldn't make the turn to get into our room. Poor Buddy and Chris spent an hour working on the head board alone. We had to take the back of the headboard off and our door casings will need some touch up too. For 30 min I was worried I would need to sell the bedroom set.....
Taking the back off to get 1/8 of an inch to make it through the door!
Putting it together!
Ty loves playing in the "fort" under our bed. Libby does too. They bring their pillows, blankets, and Tigey, of course!
AFTER PICS!
Project is done! LOVING the results!!! My hubby is good at what he does, and I had fun too!
A special thanks to Buddy for being our muscles and lifting the bedset from garage to backyard, backyard to garage, garage to bedroom, etc!
No comments:
Post a Comment