The weather has been fabulous! We have spent a lot of time outside the last few weeks, and we are all LOVING it. This isn't winter weather at all. This is spring and I LOVE it. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow, BUT this is just great for me and the kids!
Libby has started to really enjoy the little car in our backyard. (Thanks again Aunt Leslie!)
We made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for FHE and Ty was really excited.
I have started bathing these two together more and more. It's just convenient most of the time.
We have spent a lot of time at the park because of the great weather, however...I do have a fun park story to tell...well, it wasn't fun. While we were at the park, I let Libby crawl around after her regular time swinging in the swings. She was doing great and having a blast. She started crawling towards me and I noticed for a minute she was holding something in her hands. I thought it was just bark, because there was bark all over the playground and she usually picks it up. Nope. Not. So. Lucky. I immediately said, "That better not be a dog turd." Well, it was exactly what I dreaded (was it my punishment cause I said the word "turd"?) a nice big piece of doggie doo-doo. I was mortified. I wasn't prepared for this. I had no wipes, not even a spare jacket...and the park doesn't have a working bathroom or drinking fountain because they don't turn those things on until winter is over. Thankfully, my sister-in-law had driven to the park and as I realized what it was I asked her if she had some wipes. She did and as she was running I was desperately trying to pry my daughters hand open (with a piece of bark, mind you, there was NO WAY I was going to touch the poop too.) Well I start prying and trying to scrape the poop off of Love Bug, however in the process poop flips up hitting my eye and getting in my hair. Long story short...she did get her hands wet-wipe cleaned, then doused in hand sanitizer, and continued on our merry afternoon. I hate poop.
Ty was my big helper the other morning. I decided to try some sourdough pancakes. Notice the time on the stove. It's 7:26am. This kid gets out of bed at 6:30am regardless of the time that we put him down. So I get up....most mornings. It's hard to get up that early and keep him quiet because his sister sleeps until 8am if she isn't woken up by him.
We went to BYU for VanGogh to Playdough. It was another great time. Ty is really starting participate now and that is fun for me to see.
This is my cute breakfast bunch. I love these kids!
Ty has been dressing up in his cape and helmet and snow boots a lot lately. He'll try to be a "Super Helper" and sometimes he REALLY is! When he is in this mood, I love it. He uses a pretend voice and flies around the house being super. Love him.
On Friday we had some men here working on repairing the stucco on our house. Ty asked Chris about them and Chris told them that he had hired them to fix the stucco. Ty made the connection and asked if he could work to earn some money. So in the "worker man" outfit above, we went to the backyard and for 10 min he picked up all of the bark out of the grass and put it back where it needed to be. He then got 10 cents and we put it in his little money boxes I made for him. (Below)
Chris took Ty to the store to spend some of his hard-earned money. He bought a sucker with gum in it. He was so excited.
My handsome boy is growing up...but he still occasionally gets green smoothie stashes...
Well, we've undertaken a big project. Our bathroom has been demolished! The pic above was Monday.
This was also Monday...
By Saturday Chris had the backer board up. What a crazy week! No baths in this house!
This was on Valentines Day!
My little girl is such an angel in the mornings! Her new word this week is "Sa!" Which means sock. I think she tried to say Ty the other day, but I'm waiting to hear it repeated. She is a SQUEALER. She screams and squeals a lot. Enough to put my nerves on edge! I am unsure how to stop the constant screaming, I hope as she develops a vocabulary, she will use words instead of screaming!
Ready for stake conference!
Libby and I walked to stake conference this morning. I was ready 30 min before and decided to walk the 1.6 miles. It was great. We both enjoyed it! I even beat Chris and Ty to the chapel!
A regular day shooting bad guys and saving the day!
My bright eyed baby!



















No comments:
Post a Comment