Sunday, September 14, 2014

Where's Libby?

I've entitled this post "Where's Libby" because all of our pics from the week are of Ty, and she is only in one of them, and well, she's in the back.  Anywho-This week has been a fun one for Ty.  Here is our week in pictures! 


VanGogh to Play Dough at BYU.  There was a CRAZY rainstorm!  By the time we got inside, we were soaked!(and cold.)  Ty got to paint with his feet, but he didn't really want to so I "helped" him, which is why there are no pics of him doing it. The thunder and lightning was SUPER loud in the museum and I waited 20 min after to leave because the storm was right on top of us and I was a little nervous about going out there. 


This is Ty's donut.  Ty POOPED!  He pooped a tiny bit in his potty, so he got a donut.  Now that means that tomorrow is UNDERWEAR DAY!!!!   I've been waiting for him to poop, feeling that is a sign to try to start potty training.  Ty is going to start potty training.  My plan is to put him in underwear and a shirt and have him drink lots - until 6:30pm - and try to survive the day.  I'm a little nervous, but have read lots of blogs and talked to other Moms.  I have decided against sticker charts and big rewards because I have read and heard they work in the short term, but ultimately if your kiddo will only "go" for a reward, it doesn't teach them to listen to their bodies as well.  Everyone has their own take on potty training-but this is what we are going to try.  Here we go! 


I love Ty's imagination.  He took is "Sword of Truth" from our family reunion and put one of Chris's ties in it and made a fishing pole.  LOVE!


My mom's tomatoes are on in her garden and we are blessed to get some of them.  Ty eats them like apples!


Ty and Daddy went camping together on Friday night!


Daddy brought Ty's bat and a waffle ball and tied it to a tree.  Daddy is genius!


Happy Boy!



Ty roasted his own marshmallows.


It was freezing cold but that didn't stop them from having a great time!



Today after church we had a picnic in bed while watching Kung Fu Panda!  We had a regional conference so church was done by 12.  It was so great to hear from Elder Nelson and Elder Scott.  It is getting me so excited for General Conference next month.  I am so grateful for the words and examples of the Lord's servants!


No comments:

Post a Comment