This week has been crazy....I decided it was time to potty train Ty. When he woke up on Monday morning, he was excited for Underwear Day! He would tell me when he needed to go most of the time....however, honestly, I have been sufficiently humbled by this potty training experience. I have been more angry, frustrated, and just flat-out grumpy. It has added a whole new element to life, and right now it is a stressful element. I have been praying more sincerely and I guess it's a good thing, right? I just don't want to deal with the constant crying and frustration and well, poop! The other thing that has made this week hard is that Libby is teething and extremely touchy too. Lots of tears this week in the Watkins household! BUT-we still have each other and the gospel and our covenants, (YAY! We got to attend the Ogden Temple dedication today!) and that's what matters. :)
Here is our week in pics!
Ty and Daddy sporting the Chris long socks style!
Underwear Day!
Ty and Libby eating popsicles (libby has a teething Popsicle)
Ty sitting on his potty squirting a little water into the tub.
Enjoying a donut because he finally pooped IN the potty.
My cuties....
More cuteness. One of my favorite things about Ty right now is that he will tell me, "Mom, you are the only one." We aren't totally sure what it means, but he has sung it to Libby too. We feel like it's a way he lets us know that we are special to him. He also tells me I am a "foxy momma" thanks to Chris. He is also really starting to pick up on his letters. He can identify A.B.C.D E, S, O, T, and Y. We are talking about prophets this month in the mornings when he and I are eating breakfast. I showed him the video of Pres Monson wiggling his ears and we now seem to have to watch that video every day. We have talked about how prophets love us, they help Jesus, and that they tell us what Jesus wants us to know. We have also talked about how we need to pray for President Monson. We're doing this to help prepare ourselves for General Confernce (I can't wait!) I also went to the distribution center and picked up the packet of the first presidency and the 12 for a little activity we start tonight. When we eat dinner we will have one of their pictures taped to a chair, and we will talk about one apostle each night until gen conf. Each picture has their life sketch on the back, so that makes it easy and a fun way to prepare for general conference.
Libby has mastered the army crawl and is pretty dang fast. However as of today, she is starting to get up on all fours, praise the heavens above! I am ready to be done soaking every onesie she wears because the whole thing is dirty from her "mopping" my floor with her tummy. (One disadvantage of having tile everywhere!)
You can tell it's been a stressful week. I got my haircut. I've mostly done this when I am stressed. Thanks to Chris who came home from fishing and told me I could go do something for myself, I got crazy and I think this is the shortest my hair has ever been.











sorry it was a crazy week! love the hair cut!!
ReplyDelete