So this Saturday was my mom's birthday.
We went out to lunch and celebrated.
And she took the bait. :)
Monday was the day I had been preparing for for a few months. The invites were out, the pies were made, the decor was hung and people were showing up. I was sweating....and waiting. We were all at Gregg and Tiff's house in Saratoga waiting until my mom and dad would arrive for FHE...hahahaha! They walked in, we yelled surprise, clapped, and sang the classic happy birthday. Mom was shocked....it was great! She was surrounded by family, friends, and what a party without good food?
My mom is awesome. She just does so much for everyone, and I wanted her to be recognized and to FEEL the love and appreciation. She is one of my best friends and I can't imagine life without her...well, it wouldn't really be possible without her anyway! Now that I am a mom, I'm grateful she was willing to go through pregnancy and birth, sleepless nights and stressful times. Times when I wouldn't stop talking, times when I wasn't kind, and times when I didn't deserve the love I was given. But she also has been there for me during the happiest of times. She has been one of my biggest fans. She has encouraged me to reach for the stars. She is the best! Happy birthday mom!
Here are some pics from the party!
Cousin Holly and Angela Heaton.
Aunt Susie and Uncle David
Possibly my favorite picture of Ty...
Cousin Holly and family.
Cousin Mindy
My sister joined us on Skype!
Bonnie and Chester-my twin...we share the same birthday and have referred to eachother as "twinner" for as long as I can remember.
My dad's best friend Paul Cloward.
No comments:
Post a Comment