This month has been sort of a crazy month for our family as we anticipate the arrival of Libby and are in the midst of the holidays. Libby was breech, and that sort of threw a bit more stress into this month. We did everything you could do to get her to turn her (see me on a slant board, not the most comfortable thing to do when you are SO pregnant.) I would try all sorts of positions to see if she would turn, I tried homeopathics, putting frozen peas on my stomach where her head was, shining flashlights where her head should be so see if she would "go towards the light" but she wouldn't turn on her own. So we went to the hospital and had them manually turn her. It's called a Version. Versions can be a bit risky, so they make you prepare for surgery, or really a c-section. That blew my mind. As we were driving to the hospital, I was thinking, we could have this baby today....weird. Thankfully the Version went well, Libby didn't show any signs of distress and we were sent home. Let's be honest though-versions hurt like the dickens! I felt like my stomach had been run over by a truck for a few days. It was SO SORE! But it's over. She's head down. So here we go!
So we have had a good amount of snow this winter, and Ty has been able to play with Daddy, Sam and Noel, and just be outside in the snow! It has been cold, but we have bundled him up and let him play. The pic below is of his crazy hair after one of those days. It was soooo crazy to pull his hat off and see the silly hair-I think he looks more like Chris as a toddler...don't you?
Ty has been a lot of fun recently requesting to wear hats, sunglasses, his monkey, his rain boots and he runs around the house making this mommy smile. :)
Ty has really loooooved to help with dishes, vacuuming and stirring anything you are making. He would also flip your pancakes if you'd let him. He is fascinated by cooking. It's fun, but can be stressful if you're not prepared for him to jump in and help...ha. The two things he cries about more than most things is if it's time to finish the dishes or put the vacuum away. He can't let it go and cries and begs to do dishes or vacuum more. Oh-and another fit-producer is the stroller. Once he's had the joy of pushing it, there is no getting back in it.
Making French toast with Daddy.
Brownies with Daddy....





Wow! That post is humnangus...(like my made up word?). I don't think you are growing any bigger. You look so cute! I know you are anxious to get your baby girl here, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy so many holiday favorites!
ReplyDelete