Saturday, October 12, 2013

October!

October has meant a few things for the Watkins Fam:

HUNTING
APPLESAUCE
FALL LEAVES
FALL CRAFTING
COOL NIGHTS
GENERAL CONFERENCE


Up Hobble Creek letting Ty look through the binoculars.  Hoping to see some elk....


We decided to spend some time as a family yesterday afternoon and I wanted to go see the fall colors.  Chris had already been hunting and fishing that week, but I hadn't had a chance to enjoy the fall beauties!  So we went up Hobblecreek and I'm so glad we did.  Pictures never do it justice, but it was gorgeous!


We are a happy family!


I had craft night at my house with some awesome ladies!  I made this little "BOO" hanging for my wall.


Everyone else made a BOO hanging for their door with big letters.  Terie is taking the picture.  She didn't do a BOO-she did the most amazing fall wreath!!!!  I seriously love it.  And I think she did it for like $4.00 total.   AMAZING.  She used a pool noodle, paperbags, and a few dollar store accessories. LOVE IT!  


Isn't it soooo cute???


When Chris mows the lawn, Ty wants to mow too, and it's adorable....



It gets darker and colder earlier so we did smores with the Young's....Ty loves mallows!


Ty wanted his boots and hat on and I just thought it was cute and snapped a quick pic.


Eating raspberries at Grandma's house!  He will run all the way to the back of her garden saying "Berries!" and eat as many as he can.


I've decided I think conference morning is the perfect morning for cinnamon rolls.  Ty was a good little helper and had some dough to play with while I was making them.  I have a recipe that I love (One hour cinnamon rolls) because it's fast, they are easy, and I haven't ruined them yet!  I decided to make the whole recipe (I usually half it) so we could take the joy of conference morning cinnamon rolls to our neighbors.  We were able to give cinnamon rolls to four of our neighbors that we don't know super well.  Everyone opened their doors to me....probably because when they all peaked through the peep hole they saw these huge and delicious cinnamon rolls....yeah, works every time! :)


We watched the second half of conference with Terie and Morgan and then we had a delicious dinner!  Notice all of the kiddos in motion in this picture...they had a lot of fun playing together.  Terie wanted to make conference special for the kids so she made cute little party hats to make it feel different.  Noel was telling me who the prophet was and the boys were playing like they always do.  We really enjoy being close to the Youngs and doing fun things with them!


At Grandma's house taking lunch break while doing applesauce. Applesauce has been the main thing that we've been doing, but we've also picked and frozen grapes (for green smoothies) and cut and peeled apples for apple crisp, and I've been working on canning chicken cause it's caselot sale time and canned chicken makes cooking meals fast and easy!

Chris has been hunting and fishing...and if he will send me the pic of the brown trout he caught on Tuesday, I'll add it.  It was so big he couldn't keep it! :(  He has been hunting in AF/Provo Canyon around the Mt. Timpanogos area.  He has been hunting with Steve and my dad this year.  So far Steve has filled his cow elk tag (with a ton of help from Chris...Steve wounded it but Chris dropped it after they tracked it down and then they spent hours dragging that thing down to the truck) and currently they are up there again (like right now) trying to fill Chris's cow or spike elk tag.   





No comments:

Post a Comment