My sweet little Ty was sick for the first time in his entire life! I am grateful that it took him 13 months to have his first illness. I think if he had gotten sick as a newborn I would have had a meltdown. Anyway-I am sure it was the perfect storm-he was trying to cut his top right tooth and he was around his cousins who had been sick. He had a fever on Dec. 26th and then just got the runniest nose and didn't sleep very well for a few nights. Then we got back to Utah and he slept okay the next night, but did horrible the next. He was fevered again and then the next day his eye and cheek were swelling. I decided he needed to go see the doc and on top of teething and the virus that gave him a super-duper runny nose and a cough, he had a double ear infection. Poor kid. He still smiles every time you pull out the camera though...so here's the "I'm sick for the first time."
Sadly, Chris has been sick just as long and has been just as miserable. He thought he was doing better and went hunting for a couple of days this weekend, but he too my have an ear infection from his sickness not getting better, being out in the cold, and his ears popping from the elevation changes. So Chris will be off to the doc tomorrow. He's been so miserable.
Me, well I've been fighting this monster too, but I didn't get fevered like Chris and Ty. I've been drinking a ton of liquids (we call it the TP method in my family-drink lots of herbal tea and the result is lots to pee...sorry, TMI-but I swear it works!) taking vitamin C, resting, and some other homeopathic stuff. Glad to stay on top of it so I can take care of my wonderful man and my wonderful little man.
oh poor boy. And yet he has his big grin. Love that kid!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that you guys are sick now too. We didn't want to share that. Hope you guys are feeling better soon. Did Chris have any luck on his hunt?
ReplyDelete