So my last post featured a picture of me the day I went into labor...and the story continues!
- I had contractions all day.
- Went to Wal-Mart with Terie that night so I could keep my mind off of them as well as get a bit of walking in. (Side note:I was doing fine-but I think I really made Terie nervous because I was having contractions. It was funny-cause she kept asking if I was okay-which I was-but she was ready to zoom me home if needed. Sweet Terie put up with me for an hour as I walked through Wal-Mart and worked through my contractions.)
- 1am Sunday morning we went to the hospital, but I did not progress in one hour so they sent me home sometime around 3am.
- 6:30 am Sunday morning my water ruptured, but I didn't really know it/believe it, so I didn't do anything but sleep through until noon (when the hospital sent me home, they sent me home with a shot of morphine that helped me sleep through most contractions.)
- Went on a walk around the park twice at 4pm
- Called the doctor around to ask about my water rupturing, cause I was not going back to the hospital to be sent home again!!! Doctor told me to report to labor and delivery, and in my stubborn Kareena self, I didn't go.
- Terie and Morgan invited us to have dinner with them (thank goodness, I was having more and more contractions and I was exhausted!)
- During dinner my doctor called and pretty much said to get myself to labor and delivery ASAP. So I finished my dinner and we headed out to the hospital!
- My water had indeed ruptured-so the nurse said I was there until the baby was born! (Craziest realization/feeling ever!)
- My epidural didn't really work the first 5 hours-they kept giving me more and more drugs, but all it was doing was numbing my feet and legs, not anything above it. After a while they finally decided to give me a new epidural.
- New epidural in, 2 hours of bliss...then it stopped working again.
- 10am-fully dilated and pushing...then epidural stopped completely.
- 11am-more drugs....screaming, and pushing. (Chris was AMAZING and there for me the whole time!!! I couldn't have done this without his love, support, and prayers.)
- 11:30am doctor is there and Ty is posterior. So we worked to turn him.
- More pushing...no progress.
- 12:30 doctor said we've got to have this baby and I couldn't get him out, vacuum birth followed...(I'd read about the risk of vacuum births prior to going into labor and there are some risks-however-I felt peaceful and trusted the doctor.)
- 12:45 head is crowning and the doctor says Ty has dark hair!
- Head is out and Ty's umbilical chord is wrapped around his neck-rush to get if off and get him out.
- 1:06 Our sweet Ty is born. 8lbs 22 inches long. My first thought when I saw him was that he was big!!!
- Ty was quickly surrounded my doctors/nurses and given an APGAR score of a 1 (the lowest you can get) because he was not breathing/responding/etc. But he did have a heartbeat. Once again I felt peace and comfort and trust in those who were attending to him. They rushed him off to the NICU and Chris went with him. He needed a bit of breathing assistance, but after 3 hours, he was released down into the nursery.
- 5pm I finally got to hold my sweet baby. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE FEELING. SO MUCH LOVE!!!
Ty is now home with us and we just can't get enough of him. He is such a sweet little baby!!! There is a lot of love in this home for him!
Ty in the labor and delivery room, right after delivery.
In the NICU.
His adorable and rather big feet. :)
In the nursery after his first bath.
what a crazy birth story! glad everything worked out for you! I can'e believe you waited so long to go in! Glad he is home. what a cutie!
ReplyDeletei love your story: you amazing person..i cannot believe you didn't go to the hospital when your water broke!!! you really handled the pain! good job kareena!!!!! and hes a big adorable baby and im glad everythings ok now...we got call sometime!
ReplyDelete