Sunday, August 15, 2010

Watkins Heritage

Chris and I had a fun part in this years Watkins family reunion. We were to represent the newly-wed Arthur and Andrea Watkins. Although we were nervous about coming out of the bushes in period costume at the graveyard where the family was seated, it all turned out to be a special experience for all involved.




This is young Andrea-the girl who knew if she married Arthur she'd never have to touch a dirty animal...ha.


This is the young Arthur before he met Andrea Rich-the mission presidents daughter. :)


This is Chris and I dressed up about to read our parts. And I love this picture because it has Grandpa Watkins in it. He's just too cute!



This was a little booklet prepared for each family. At the reunion we went from one place of importance to Arthur and Andrea to the next. At each place we learned about what Arthur and Andrea treasured and got to place a handout in our little booklet. There was so many hours and prayers put into this family reunion. I am impressed by those who came before, but I was also impressed by those who made this possible. We felt the spirit and were inspired to become better. I'm grateful to bare the name WATKINS.

3 comments:

  1. You guys made a wonderful Arthur and Andrea! Kareena, it was fun to meet you - finally. We look forward to a visit sometime this year - hopefully.....Your house is great and I'm glad we got to see it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun. Wish we could've been there with you guys! You guys are awesome. We love you and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like so much fun and cute costumes. u guys look SO GREAT! especially kareena. =)

    ReplyDelete