Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Met Elder Scott


The culminating event of the family reunion was a family fireside with Elder Richard G. Scott. The reason we get to spend time with him-he married Chris's grandfather's sister and he is kind enough to come and spend time with the Watkins family. He spoke the entire time about Arthur and Andrea and then bore his testimony "not as Uncle Rich, but as an apostle of the Lord." It was an awesome experience!!!

My favorite part of the night was when Chris and I had an opportunity to meet Elder Scott (me for the first time, Chris the fourth of fifth time.) Elder Scott looked at Chris and said, "If you ever want to know how much the Lord loves you, look at your wife and you'll know." I smiled and was on the top of the world. I like Elder Scott.

1 comment: