Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Where The Wild Things Are

Just in case you wanted to know, the wild things are in Provo Canyon. It’s true. Chris and I decided to go the cabin the night before Memorial Day. (YES-I am playing catch-up on the blog-I know Memorial Day was like a month ago!) First, we headed up North Fork to go on a hike and a Moose hunt. Chris wanted to see a Moose really bad, so I took him to the one place where I had been hiking and run across a moose right on the trail! On our way up to North Fork-we saw a huge moose. On our hike up the trail at a beaver pond, Chris spotted a moose and sat there and watched it for over 30 minutes, it just kept coming closer and closer. I kept getting more and more ready to climb a tree. Chris enjoyed what he said could be a once in a life time experience….I just kept scoping out which tree I was going to climb in case the animal started charging us. Once we had Chris had his moose fill we headed back down the trail, spotting “Moose trees”-trees that were thought o be a moose for a split second and “deer rocks”-rocks that looked like deer bums, but were indeed rocks and not deer.

Anyway-we went to the cabin-spotting quite a few deer on the way and a beautiful sunset! We had such a fun nature tour! The area was beautiful! When we got to the cabin we popped some popcorn in a paper sack and drank some root beer and settled in for the night. In the morning Chris went fishing and I slept in. On our way out I spotted some wild turkeys! So it’s official, Provo Canyon is where the wild things are!












1 comment:

  1. Bean, do you remember probably the first moose you came across unbeknowingly? Girl's camp 1998 up in Heber, my mom was yelling at you to get away and you had no idea what was going on. To find out that you were within yards of a momma moose and her baby. I don't know if you ever saw them but you were pretty darn close to them. That was your 2nd year of Girl's camp I think because it was my first year when I was on crutches.

    ReplyDelete