We are now living in Lehi and we love it. We are staying in a basement apartment of a friend and it is pretty sweet. We have a really nice kitchen and lots of space. The walk in closet is spoiling us because I'm pretty sure there aren't any in any of the houses we're looking at-it will be something we will miss. This week has been busy-but good. We have spent 3 nights looking at houses in the midst of Chris studying for his finals! However our aggressive house-searching hasn't affected his grades that we can tell....Chris had a final on Saturday and did splendidly. He has two more this week before we head to California.
We had a really fun weekend and I only have one pic to share because my camera's batteries were dying. We went up to the cabin and got there before everybody and Chris got all excited and figured we'd better use that time fishing. Chris grabbed a pole and told me we needed to go catch some worms. I have never caught worms and figured that if people sold them on the side of the road, it must be pretty complicated-we never caught worms growing up-we just bought them and took them with us to fish. So Chris grabbed a plastic cup and I was looking for a shovel (worms live in the dirt-I figured you had to dig...) and Chris just went around turning over tree stumps. I followed because I had no clue what was going on. We found a tree stump with like 4 worms. Chris looked at me and told me I needed to grab them and put them in the cup. "You just grab them?" I'd never grabbed a worm before. (Mind you-this was after I was freaking out about the spiders in the wood we were gathering earlier-I still had the heebley-jeebleys.) So grabbing the worms wasn't that bad-other than they move and are slimy worms. Then Chris asked me if I had ever hooked the worm. I'd never had to hook it, that was my dad's job. So Chris said he'd hook one and I'd hook another one on the same hook. Yeah right. Once I saw it done, I realized that I couldn't just do it-I'd have to warm up to it. So Chris hooked the second worm and we headed to the stream. I wish there were some great and fun ending to this story of worminess...but there isn't. We tried a few holes here and there but the creek is extremely low and still snow runoff so the fish either weren't there or were a little too cold to eat. And our friends got there pretty soon after so the fishing ended. I dutifully set free the leftover worms in a nice plot of soil and felt pretty good about myself.
We then had s'mores, fire, starburst (have you ever roasted starburst? We HIGHLY recommend it), strawberry marshmallows, and an incredibly exciting game of pass the pigs. If you haven't played that game before it is hilarious with the right crowd. One of our friends rolled a DOUBLE LEANING JOWLER on her FIRST roll. We all went crazy screaming and taking pictures and such of the momentous occasion :). It was incredible. Chris even shed a few tears. I have never seen one of those before ever. We made history and only a couple more leaning jowlers were seen that night but no Double leaning jowlers.
We have found a few good home opportunities that we are considering. Buying a home is harder work than we anticipated but we feel it will be worthwhile in the end. We found one home in Lindon that looks great and one also in Lehi. We have submitted offers but do not get our hopes up. We have had many offers get outbid due to the tax credit incentive. But we are not rushing and it would be nice to get the incentive but that doesn't drive our choice in homes. We are excited to see if we can't get into a home soon. It will be great to have a place to call our own, to put all of our things, and even to use our wedding gifts.
We have big plans this week for California. We leave Thursday and have planned to take the Jet Ski's to Folsom Lake near Chris's parents home. We have invited some of Chris's buddies to spend the afternoon with us there. We look forward to California weather. Even though it may be a little cold for you Californians, us Utah dwellers are used to a little bit colder climate and we can't wait to throw on the bathing suits and fly around the water.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have fun in your house hunting! It can be so stressful, but when you find the right one, everything just works out. I remember we were so happy when we closed on our home, I was laughing the whole time while signing the papers, haha. They must have thought I was a crazy person. If you guys need a REALLY good agent, let us know! We loved ours!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! We're looking forward to when "everything just works out." We do have a great agent-and she already knows we're crazy-so the hysterical giggling that will be erupting from my mouth won't surprise her!
ReplyDelete