Friday morning I walked out to my car to head out to work and when I went to put my lunch in on the passenger side and grab my windshield scraper, I noticed that there were flowers on my driver’s seat. I walked over to the other side of the car and written on the driver’s side window was this: “Good Morning My Princess. Read the note before you do anything.” So I opened up the driver’s side door and there were my favorite flowers in a vase (Gerber Daisies) with a scroll in the middle of them. I opened up the scroll-which the edges were burnt, the paper was crinkly, and the writing was in cursive. As I read it I just couldn’t help but giggle. Chris had gotten the entire day off of work for me! I got to spend the whole day with him…I was ECSTATIC! The note read:
Princess,
I solicit of thee this day to come with me for and unforgettable experience of whim and fancy. Do not preoccupy thyself with cares of the world this day, including your employment, for all things have been arranged. I request thy heart and the light of thy smile at once. Do not burden your thoughts with “what shall I eat” for all things will occur for your good. I am expecting a jingle upon receipt of this message. I anticipate an enchanting “spin hug” as you would call it. After thou hast confirmed my “awakeness” please retreat to thy domicile to prepare thy belongings for this day. You will need the following:
• Warm snow clothes, gloves, beanie, boots, etc…
• Your “Junior” Football
• Slippers to keep your feet warm in the cold
• Digital Camera
• Warm blanket
• 2 salmon fillets
• Salmon cooking utensils
Love,
Steel
The note said that I should call him, so I called him as I was walking back inside (juggling the flowers, note, phone, my purse and the lunch I had packed for myself.) He told me that there was something I was supposed to do…I was a bit confused so he made me read it out loud. As I read I realized that I was supposed to give him a hug. So I ran outside and he was just outside of my building waiting for a hug. I jumped into his arms and he spun me around. Then he told me I have until 9am to be to his apartment where he would be making me breakfast. So I rushed home to get what I needed on the list and to call my mom. I was sure he was going to propose and I was SO EXCITED! My mom said to take pictures of everything. So posterity can thank her for a complete record of the morning.
I got everything together and headed to Chris’s apartment. He had the recipe for German pancakes out. German pancakes are one of my favorite breakfasts! So we made German pancakes and bacon. It was SOOOO delicious! Chris didn’t eat much for breakfast…I ate double what he did. I guess I didn’t realize how nervous and anxious he was…I just knew I was hungry and excited! After breakfast we loaded up the truck and headed up to the cabin. On our way we stopped at Mama Chu’s a Mexican restaurant, the place where we had take-out from on our first date the first week of September. When we got to the cabin we unloaded, turned the heaters on and got everything ready for the fire…but didn’t actually light it because Chris said we couldn’t leave it unattended. Then we went sledding! We had a lot of fun! Chris was just better at going all the way down the hill…I never made it super far without running into something. Then Chris and I went down the road together in the sled, and that was my favorite!
After my boots were soaked through we decided to go in. Chris asked me if I was ready to light the fire and so I bounced over there and said, “Matches?” Chris knelt down by the fireplace and he handed me a tiny little box of matches. I leaned into the fire-ready to just strike the match. I pushed open the box and was completely shocked. It did NOT contain matches. In the little box on top of a little folded piece of paper towel was THE RING! I guess I just didn’t expect it so early in the day! I looked at Chris and he said, “Will you marry me?” I definitely kissed him and then said, “Yes!” He looked at me and said, “You will?” And I just said, “Yeah!!!!” We definitely kissed some more and then I asked Chris to put the ring on my finger. I spent some time on the phone with my mom, sister, brothers and sister-in-laws letting them know we were engaged. My sister and grandma cried in joy, but that was no surprise.
For lunch Chris moved the coffee table out and the chair and spread a blanket down on the floor and we had a picnic lunch-which was always my fantasy proposal-out in nature on a blanket! We ate our Mama Chu’s take-out and then put in my favorite movie (Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly.) Then we cleaned up and headed back to Provo. Chris made me Salmon (my favorite) for dinner and then we headed out to find some Gelato for dessert (also my favorite.) Maestro’s was closed, so we opted for Dairy Queen. Then we went back to my apartment and watched another of my favorite movies, Disney’s Beauty and The Beast. Chris and I were both exhausted. What a day!
Here is a photo-documented outline:
Her favorite flowers and a scroll invitation for the day...
We went sledding up in Provo Canyon...
The place where the proposal happened...
Can't you just see the excitement??!!!!
So cute!!! Such a fun day, THE BEST, I bet!!
ReplyDeleteHi- since you are going to be my friends eternal companion I felt that it was my responsibility to blog-stock you and make sure you are not a wierdie. I have concluded that you are just weird enough to make marriage interesting. congrats- I am very happy for you 2! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the whole story. I read it to Mark and Christopher. You are very creative. Congrats to you both! We are very happy for you!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it! I am so happy for you Chris! I just am so excited for the both of you! I miss you and can't wait to see you in a couple of months!
ReplyDelete