Exciting Announcement From Chris Watkins
Kareena Sorensen and I are getting married on March 26th in the Salt Lake Temple. She is from Lehi UT. She graduated from BYU – Hawaii in Accounting. Her favorite thing to do is Ballroom Dancing She currently works for a company called Crexendo doing Search Engine Optimization (Internet Marketing). As requested I will give a brief FAQ about our courtship.
Where did we meet?
Kareena and I met when I moved to the Alta Apartments here at BYU. The first weekend I was here I wanted to have a bonfire at the Cabin so I went around with a friend to invite people. We knocked on her apartment door and she was the only one home. My friend and I spent the next 20 minutes convincing her to come to the bonfire. She tried to use many excuses to not but we were able to talk her out of them all. I asked her out the next week and we did a double date up to Midway for a picnic in the mountains. To end we wanted to go on a little adventure so we took a “no flashlight” hike out to this cool meadow I knew about. On the way we were startled by a nearby growl and turned right around. It was a great adventure. After that it felt like she didn’t want to date so I chose to just try and be her friend. For the next 3 months we’d chat 2 or three times a week and I would give her boy advice with all of her guy situations. I never thought anything of it until one time she was joking around about us getting married and I thought to myself, “wait, why wouldn’t we work as a couple?” So I thought on it for a night and texted her that question. That was when the tables turned and we both entertained the thought of dating. She was dating a guy from another ward and was at a point where she would have to decide what to do with him and me. She chose to date me and we have been side by side ever since.
When are we getting married?
March 26th in the Salt Lake Temple. Invitations to be sent within a month.
What are our plans for the next little while?
I have a little under two years until I graduate with a Bachelor Degree in Business Management – Finance. We will stay here until then and see where the next adventure takes us. In the mean time we have decided to purchase foreclosed homes and fix them up while living in them and selling them. It will be our little adventure.
Well that is all the details I can think of for now. If you want to hear more, ask questions through the comment page and we will answer questions the best we can :)
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment