Monday, August 10, 2020

June 2020

After a crazy amount of insanity or what has felt like the longest months ever....the month of June felt like a month of healing, reunions with those I love and enjoyment in the incredible peace of the great outdoors.



For 2020 our family theme has been service.  Our neighbors had to quarantine extra long because their daughter was having brain surgery.  We've heard them throwing tomahawks and decided we had these tomahawks just hanging around, so we threw them together and gave them to them.  We really love the Fitzwaters!


Grandma and Grandpa Watkins stayed with us for a day after Lake Powell.  They spent time doing what we were doing - which was a bunch of random things...they loved on our kids and we were so grateful to have them spend time with us!





Three amigos!





We had a wonderful day at Maple Lakes.  The kids found lots of snakes, caught fish, and had a campfire.






Aunt Heather came to town and finally met Grace!  I LOVE when Aunt Heather comes to town!


STRAWMELLOW/MARSHBERRY
Ummmm...FAVORITE TREAT.  SO GOOD.
Marshmallow cream + Strawberry + Flame=HEAVEN







BIRTHDAY BOY
He got cinnamon rolls and pineapple for his birthday!  This man turned 34!




Grace enjoyed her first ride on the quad.




Chocolate Silk Birthday Pie


SORENSEN FAMILY DINNER












GROTTO Hike with the Hills!










This time with my bestie hiking in the mountains and then hanging out and letting the kids just was balm to my soul.  I forget how healing these relationships are in my life!  It's like you don't realize how badly you need it until you have it and it felt so wonderful!  I'd like COVID to take a hike so we can get back to being social!


SORENSEN Party at Payson Lakes!








ELK SKEWERS



Mean Mugs


We introduced everyone to strawmellows and they were a HIT!



Happy Father's Day to the MOST AMAZING DADDY to these kiddos!




Steak, of course.


It has been YEARS since I have gathered with these two ladies and I'm so glad I did!  Shelley and Jenny are such incredible women and I'm so grateful I met them at BYU-H 10+ years ago!  So wonderful to be with them again.  And now we're all married with kids and all that jazz...crazy!





MEMORIES of COVID.  Go nowhere without a required mask these days!



GIRLS NIGHT!


We made FORKY'S from Toy Story 4




Fillmore Canyon






Chris and I and the kids SAW FIREFLIES!  Every year right by Spring Lake there are 3 weeks when the fireflies pop up and you can watch them!  It's so cool!!!!


Church at home!



Swiss chard from our garden!

1 comment:

  1. Love checking in on you guys!!! You are just so busy!!

    ReplyDelete