Friday, February 8, 2019

CRUISE Jan 2019

We did it.  We tried a cruise together!  We drove to Cameron Park, dropped the kids off, and then drove down to LA where we hopped on a cruise ship.  It was exciting.


This pic is while the ship is leaving the Port.


We got ice cream every day, but this day we did ice cream sandwiches to switch it up;)


Our first formal night we decided to go to the Crab Shack.


And wear bibs...formal, right?


Chris was "drinking like a princess."  At least, that is what Libby had taught him.


CABO SAN LUCAS


Our first port was CABO SAN LUCAS.

The weather was wind, rainshowers and lightning.  They cancelled our excursion (speedboats out to a snorkeling spot) because the seas were too rough.  So we ended up walking the tourist strip in Cabo.  SO MANY PEOPLE IN YOUR FACE!


Beautiful view.


Better view,


This was so cool to me.  People were sitting there letting fish eat off the dead skin....it was crazy!


We ordered a meal where they made the salsa and guacamole in front of you.  The tacos were divine and delicious!


MAZATLAN

Mazatlan was so cool  We were in the old city and it was beautiful.  We followed the "blue line" and met a lot of Americans who spend their day volunteering to guide us all safely to Mazatlan.  It was really neat.




Something about Moby Dick - part of it was written here?




THE FOOD.....SO GOOD.




We rented bikes and rode on the Malecon-it's essentially a 16 mile bike lane next to the beach.  It was fun - but started to get ghetto - so we headed back.






All I wanted were some corn rolls...just needed a fun, sassy, change and I got it!  I loved getting my hairs did!


PUERTO VALLARTA


Just a quick pic of our ship - the Ruby Princess!


COOL Iguanas in the wild!  This is one of two pictures I took in Puerto Vallarta.  Weird, right?  Well...It's because I had a pretty sea-sick day.  We had an excursion planned to see whales and go to the Islas Marietas for some snorkeling.  I was seasick the whole time. While snorkeling I started throwing up and well...it was just a seasick day.  I couldn't eat dinner that night either.  Rough seas.  


Last formal night at the Crown Grill



We had so much fun on our cruise.  We are so grateful that Paul and Dena were able to watch our kiddos so we could RELAX FOR DAYS and make our goals for the next year and recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment