We sure had a blast!
We were excited to go to Yellowstone!
First stop: TETONS
Moose Creek Hike
Snake on the trail (we LOVE discovering the wildlife!)
Hiking fun!
Moose creek buddies. We were sad we didn't see any Moose, but at the same time, relieved?
Ice cream at the Corner Drugstore in Driggs, ID. Apparently President Monson comes every summer and makes a stop here for some ice cream, so we decided to try it out!
The view from our window at Buddy and Tessa's place.
The sunset from our window. We were out in the middle of nowhere! It was awesome. Just field after field after green field!
YELLOWSTONE DAY 1
Yellowstone day one was EPIC.
First buffalo spotting!
Hot pots!
Norris
Roaring mountain!
Seeing TWO grizzlies from the side of the road. We ended up seeing 4 grizzlies that day!
Our first two grizzlies of the day.
Slough Creek - Black Bear and cub.
Bison and calf! We also saw antelope, I just couldn't get a good picture.
Slough creek - grey wolf pups - and gorgeous SUNSET!
BEAR WORLD
Bear world was so cool. Seeing that many bears up close was amazing! However, it was more majestic and exciting to see bears in the wild...
Ty sat and enjoyed snapping pics!
RIDES!
Beary Cute!
At the petting zoo part.
If you zoom in on this picture you will see the scary face Libby is giving - because she's trying to be a fierce bear. The look is fierce! She's good at the stink eye!
Love him.
Love her
Beary funny...
GRAND PRISMATIC & MYSTIC FALLS
This is not Mystic Falls....I can't remember which one it is....
I LOVE the colors that they chemicals and sulfur and all that jazz make! I'ts just super cool!
Hiking Mystic Falls
I LOVE this pic of Libby giving Chris a good squeeze. She sure is loving.
Tate was awesome! I had to feed him a bottle at the top. He was such a trooper on this trip!
Family shot at Mystic Falls
Cool caterpillar on our hike!
It was just gorgeous!!!! Ah! Green. Lush. AMAZING!
I remember Old Faithful being a bit bigger as a child....but still. Great to see an old friend.
As we were driving back from Yellowstone this full moon over the Tetons was just so cool. This picture doesn't do it justice!
JACKSON HOLE
We went on the tram in Jackson Hole.
Honestly - I was a bit terrified as we just zoomed up a mountain over these cliffs, but the beauty was stunning!
Libby LOVED it!
I'm on top of the World, HEY!
It's sure windy on top of the world!
UNREAL the amount of antlers!
Stopped at this Mexican Restaurant for dinner and the Surf and Turf was pretty TASTY!
Jackson Hole Totem Pole
PACKSADDLE LAKE
So Buddy carried the canoe ALL THE WAY DOWN!
The color of the lake was like emerald green! So gorgeous!
I think Tate really loved Tessa! Sorry Tate, she's taken!
Happy Sabbath!
BIG SPRINGS
Island Park
CLEAREST water at Big Springs! You could see GINORMOUS FISH! It was too fun. Also very lush and green here.
Mesa Falls
Playing games with Buddy and Tessa Sunday night! The kids did amazing at Jenga!!!
YELLOWSTONE FALLS & GRAND CANYON
So it was cold.
Like 32 degrees COLD.
We did it anyway.
Then it SNOWED BIG.
We were wet, but so grateful to see it!
Tate was zipped in my jacket with this fleece beanie on. Everyone that passed smile, laughed, etc. He was too cute.
I loved the grand canyon of Yellowstone!
On our way home from Yellowstone we stopped at Mikey's house to see him and play with his animals. Ty especially liked their duck!
TY-Ty is growing into a CRAZY tease! He loves his little Tate SO MUCH and is so helpful with Tate. Ty is a communicator and will let you know what he is thinking, feeling, etc. He is a creator and loves to be outside!
Funny things Ty STILL says: Prent-Zels (pretzels), Antelope (cantelope) Pillets (Pills) goodness, I know there's another one but I can't remember at the moment.
This week I was having a conversation with Ty and Libby, Ty told Libby that 30 is more than five. Then I said, "One day you'll know how much more 30 is then five." He worked on that for a minute and said, "You're going to have to give me more fingers!" He uses his fingers for counting and ran out :-)
So Chris was cleaning the kitchen the other night with the kids when the kids stopped and were looking out the window!
This buck has fancied getting a drink from our pool!
As we were sitting there watching the buck, Libby yells, "Let's eat him!" It was hilarious! I love that girl!
Libby continues to get sassier and stronger-willed. This is a girl who is going to make things happen. She also has a lot of me in her. She still LOVES to dance and I just get her on that one!
HAPPY 31st BIRTHDAY CHRIS!
We went swimming as a family at Saratoga Springs!
Chris got on the saddle at Texas Roadhouse
We went out to a movie (and dinner) with Gregg and Tiff while Abby and Chloe watched Ty, Libby, and Tate. IT WAS GREAT!
Happy Father's Day!!!
Devil's Kitchen
(Nebo Loop)
So we decided to do Nebo Loop for FHE. It was tough to be in the car with the kids again for hours just a week after getting back from Yellowstone. There was complaining, teasing, screaming, etc. But I'm so glad we did. Tate also had 2 blowouts that completely soiled his clothes (yes TWICE) and we had no bags to put diapers and dirty clothes...it made for the "adventure" part of the trip....The cherry on top was probably when a Jack Rabbit ran in front of our Highlander and well, that was the end of him.
We stopped on the way down and did a fire with s'mores. We also read the book, "Good Pictures, Bad Pictures Jr." that teaches the, Turn, Run, and Tell method of dealing with pornography. Now that Ty has been on the computer a little more with Upstart, it was time to teach!
The sunset up there was gorgeous!
Speaking of Upstart...Ty finally graduated!
Honestly I'm grateful we did Upstart because it only solidified my ability to understand his learning style and my homeschooling philosophy. None of my other children will do Upstart and I'm grateful we leaned it wasn't a great fit for our family.
Last but not least, we went to Sam's T-ball game last night. It was incredible weather (amidst the hot 90's a small front came in and cooled it off.) We visited with the Young's and Ty's now feeling like he's interested in doing T-ball. Mission accomplished!
I love this family!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pic's and posts!
ReplyDelete