So we haven't been keeping up to date on our blog. I promise we have done some amazing things this summer. In fact, I am going to prove it to you....
Lon, (Kareena's Dad) took me up to his old hunting grounds in Hobble Creek. He was showing me one of his favorite places to hunt. It was a awesome sight. Hopefully, I will get an Elk this year somewhere in there. Ignore the date on the pictures, my camera date wasn't set up right.
Morgan (my bro in law) and I went fishing above Deer Creek Reservoir a few weeks back and caught this big momma Rainbow Trout. It tasted awesome.
I have a friend in my ward that goes hiking up on these mountains every couple of days. I went with him a few times and we took these pictures. This is the mountain right above my house in Springville.
200 ft cliff we climbed another day on the other side of Dry canyon. It was a cool cliff.
Can you see our house?
We took a trip to California at the end of the summer and did some crawdad fishing. It was soo much fun. We caught over 100 crawdads. They tasted pretty good too.
We drove up past Midway Utah to a meadow up there. This meadow has some significance. Some of you may have heard about Kareena and my first date together. Long story short, we ate dinner in the back of my truck at the top of a mountain that overlooked Heber Valley. My buddy Devin and I thought it would be cool to go on a little hike in the dark afterwards to a cool meadow. Oh yeah, we didn't have flashlights. Se we were walking on this trail about 50 yards from my car when Devin, who was at the front of the group, stopped dead in his tracks and said, "I just heard something". I was in the back and heard nothing and told him to stop being a scared cat and keep going. He started moving again and then stopped again because he heard a growl in the bushes. Remember, it was dark and we didn't have flashlights. The second time he stopped our dates heard the growl too so there was no way that they would let us go any further. I still hadn't heard anything but the sound in Devin's voice made me think twice about going further. So we turned around and headed back to the car quickly. I never heard the growl, but Kareena was my date and she did. Let's just say it took her 3 months of convincing to get her to go out on another date with me. The meadow above is the meadow we were going to be hiking to that night. We finally went back there to see it (in the daytime of course). Kareena felt pretty good conquering that scary memory of a growling something in the bushes.
My family came to town this summer and we spent some time up in the cabin. We enjoyed fishing and my little nieces and nephews all caught fish.
Kareena, her dad, and I went for a little hike up in Hobble Creek Canyon at the beginning of the summer. We came across this cool skull.
Well there you have it. Our summer in a nutshell. I am sure I left a ton out but we did a lot of stuff so I would be on here all day if I put everything up here. Hope you enjoyed our little summer recap.
No comments:
Post a Comment