Saturday, May 7, 2011

We made it!

So we made it to Hawaii! So-the flights were uneventful, but so far everything has been uneventful.....lol. It's been about 70, 800% humidity (feels like it!) and POURING RAIN! We haven't been able to do much. We did go to my favorite beach and jumped out of our cool JEEP Patriot at a break in the rain to snap a few photos. Chris is in all of them-because I refused to be in a photo after so many hours of travel, no make-up, and no hair care whatsoever.

Chris has yet to find a gecko in our studio apartment. My favorite part of this trip so far was him trying to quietly stalk the geckos last night, however as of yet, he is unsuccessful. I am sure his time will come.

So I am showered and awake and it's like 6am. Jet lag is killer! My body woke up me up here at 3:30am which is my normal wake-up time, well, Utah time that is. I am laying in bed listening to the birds-they always start to get-a-goin' right before the sun comes up. Birds and then rain, rain and then birds...depending on how hard it is pouring.....Normally the sun would be up by now (6:30am) but the clouds are so dense that it's still pretty dark. I am just so excited to have the familiar sounds and smells this morning. I am definitely starting to feel at home! Now if it would just stop the pouring rain!

Instead of going to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling, I think we're going to go do a session in the Laie Temple today. This temple is so special to me, I felt the first whisperings of the Spirit here in Hawaii to begin to prepare myself to enter the House of The Lord. Part of me thought I may go through the Laie Temple to take out my own endowments, not knowing when the time would be "right." The time was right a couple of years later-so I have yet to go through a session here. I am so excited-especially cause my Hawaiian dad and mom are working in the temple this morning.


Here are the pics of Chris at Waimea Bay! It's just so great to be in the land of Aloha! I am loving the beauty!

P.S. Mom, Dad, Head, and Jer, you would appreciate this-we went to Haleiwa Eats last night!!! SO GOOD!!!!






Chris just loves posing for pictures so much, can't you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment