Wednesday, December 26, 2018

September 2018

I am at this a bit late, so I'll try to remember the details!


Ty decided he wanted to earn some money.  So he went outside and picked and picked and picked apples.  He made a sign and we started making fresh apple juice for a killer deal.  I posted it on the ward FB page and he got lots of interest.  So the work began!




We washed and juiced apples for two days!  He picked every single one.  In the end I think Ty made $22.  I love a good entrepreneurial venture!


It finally happened.  We caught a gopher snake.  We were told that when they were developing this area there was a huge gopher snake pit and the people in the area had TONS of them in their yards and they had to remove many.  But after two year in the house, we finally got one.  Kids thought it was awesome.


We had SO MANY apples this year.  Next year we need to do a better job of thinning them out!


Monkey Tate!  I am grateful he still stays in his crib.  Such a blessing. 


We got chickens!


Terie and Morgan gave us their chickens




Chickens, chickens, every day!


This cutie...






HAPPY SABBATH!


His features just melt my heart.  Love his cheeks, his dimpled chin, his BIG blue eyes and long eyelashes, his big lips!  Such a good looking kid.


Ty made this man and I LOVED it!


Libby started Let's Play Music...and she LOVES it!  Look closely...that girl has an  amazing tan line!



These kids are my world!


Tate usually pours breakfast on his head...or mashes it all over.  I know if I make cream of wheat, there is a 100% probability that this boy will need a bath.


This cutie is geared up and ready to go grouse hunting with her dad!


"We caught one!"



Daddy and his girl.


Snacking on the trail...


Bald Mountain fire begins.  This September we had a pretty crazy fire season.  It seemed like our backyard was on fire for a month.  There were two fires that started around the same time, converged, and well I was a bit of a basket case for a few days.  There were weeks of keeping windows closed and AC running.  SO MUCH SMOKE.  It was hard to have constant smokiness...
We were on pre-evacuation notice for 3 weeks.The members in our ward that lived up Payson Canyon were all evacuated for that time.  We were blessed to be in our home - but had everything at the ready should we need to evacuate.  It brought perspective when you though of the things you would bring with you if you had to leave.


Grandma Sorensen's fresh raspberries on a german pancake.  Oh so yummy!


More fire (there will be a lot of these)




My summer sweetie.




HAPPY SABBATH



We all fasted for rain for the fires.  Just as our family broke our fast and sat down to our Sunday dinner, the clouds opened up, poured, and there was a beautiful rainbow.  We KNOW that God hears and answers prayers.  We know our Heavenly Father LOVES His children.  


(Notice the little drops of rain on the window)


We witness a miracle that day.  Everyone felt God's love and watchful eye.


The kids had so much fun letting the chickens roam and shepherding them.



I just love Libby...rainboots, princess dress, and ballcap holding a chicken.  Pictures like this capture her true essence.




Chickens are just so exciting!



We watched as plane after plane after plane dropped flame retardant and water on the mountain.


Yes, Tate is IN the chicken coop...ha!



Salem Ponds with the boys while Libby was at LPM.



Ty has really taken to building with K'NEX. 


HOGLE ZOO!!!


I took the kids to Hogle Zoo all by myself.  I was pretty proud of myself!



Bird show was AMAZING!


Tate LOVED the snakes!












Happy Sabbath!  
I think this was the primary program and my mom came to watch Ty and Libby.  They did a great job!


But what's funny...is look at what we showed up in!  You'd think we were related or thought a lot alike or something...


Family Walk....Chris is THE BEST Daddy.  I think Tate was done in the strolled so Chris carried him.


Talking to Daddy about his mission.



Whip cream and waffles!





So we take pictures of our breakfast a lot and share it with Grandpa Watkins.  It's just part of our routine now.  Then Grandpa will tell us what he's eating too.  It's just a fun way to connect over something regularly.


These are aspens!  But they aren't bright yellow, they were ORANGE!


We hiked up to Lake Mary up Little Cottonwood Canyon.


It was so beautiful!





The kids did great!  It wasn't the easiest hike...and they did fabulous!


GIRLS NIGHT!  We painted pottery and ate at Olive Garden.  I'm so grateful that I married into a family that makes it easy to have found friends in all of my sister in laws!



Homeschool Group Fall Festival!



We met up at The Acorn in Spanish Fork with the Young family.  It was a hole-in-the-wall with some delicious tater tots!  Our kids were so excited to be with their cousins!




TIMBER!!!!!


My parents rented a boom lift and took down one of their trees.


The rest of us hung out at Gregg and Tiff's house while the men cut down the tree....


Boom!  There it is!



Happy Sabbath!



Hobblecreek Fall Colors!
That's what we did with our Sunday afternoon.  It was BEAUTIFUL!


No comments:

Post a Comment