I cut Ty's hair, and then my mom made sure I did okay:)
Libby helped vaccuum up after Ty's haircut.
Well, and after a haircut you need a bath to get all of the hair off of you!
And then a ride in the wheelbarrows after raking up sticks an taking them to the burn pile at Grandma's house!
Girls night! Went to the BYU Ballroom Nationals competition with my girls!!!
Tyronious strikes again!
Lizard lovin' at the cousin's house!
I've been shown A LOT of love this week! A fruit bouquet given to me by the 8th ward with a sweet card to help pump me up for our big week!
Katie Jacobson - the stake coordinator - we spent lots of time together! Love her!
The stake got me this gorgeous bouquet of fragrant flowers to say thank you. In the bouquet was a beautiful book end of the Provo City Center Temple.
Terie came this week and the kids enjoyed being outside to jump on the trampoline!
Yesterday was the BIG DAY! My parents came to the performance to support me. And bring me dinner. They are wonderful! It reminded me of the good old days when they would come to every ballroom performance and competition. I loved having them there!
It's showtime! Our number on the stage waiting to begin!
Sweet girls from my stake!
Some of my ward peeps!
Finale
Cute Blanca - and exchange student from Spain who is not a member of our faith, but joined in and came to every single practice and performed last night. She definitely felt the spirit last night! Love this girl!
Katie and I after it was all over!!!
Chris and I got to attend the dedication inside the temple. We felt so blessed to have this privilege!

I just wanted to share a few thoughts about the last week. It's for posterity's sake! I have felt A LOT of emotions in the last month. It has been a month of change, excitement, trial, and of love. Through it all I have felt the peace of the Lord's love in my heart. There have been times where I have really come to FEEL the words of the song "Sometimes He Lets it Rain" in my own life. This song has brought so much meaning in my life. I have loved working with the youth in our stake. I feel like the last month I have been buoyed up by angels! Those angels include my mom, my sister-in-laws, the youth of our stake, the wonderful people in my stake, and the prayers and fasts of those family members and friends who have reached out in love and support. I cannot imagine a more beautiful time in my life! I know the Lord loves our family, that He has a definite plan for us. In His Plan for me, he allowed me to live this dream of working with the youth to create something of beauty and meaningful for them, as well as to show my love for His holy temples. I was FILLED with gratitude last night that Heavenly Father trusted me with these youth! Gratitude was pouring out of my eyeballs!!!! I was also so proud of our youth. They did amazing! But of course my strongest desire was not for a perfect performance, but that they would feel the Lord's love for them. I surely felt the Lord's love for them as I have worked with them. These youth are the future of the church. They have it in them to work hard and make important things happen! I am going to miss the time I spent with them, but when I look back on last night, I am just overwhelmed with gratitude for this chance, and gratitude for them and their willingness to be a part of our beautiful temple celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment