Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ward Ball....Not the Game Silly....

All of my friends have blogs. They have asked me the last few years to get a blog, and I have told them that that is for married people. Well we're 20 days away, and Chris asked that I write this post. So....if you are someone who has asked for me to start a blog-just for the record-I didn't! I am just marrying a man with one. So here goes my first post...........

Every year our ward has a formal dance. So all of the girls in our ward spent the last few weeks trying on and trading everyone's old prom dresses. I was so busy with sending out our wedding announcements, I didn't spend anytime looking for "the dress." The day of the ball I realized I didn't have anything to wear. I mean, I did of course, but I felt it was a little premature to bring out my wedding dress...I mean it fits perfectly and is very formal, but just not quite the right occasion. Luckily, 2 years prior I had borrowed a dress from someone at work and I was able to coordinate getting the dress from the same coworker by 4pm.

So the night came, and I hurried home from work to get ready. Chris's roommate Devin was taking my roommate Cindy so the two of us got ready together. The boys came and they looked so handsome. You must note 6 things about Chris's sweet outfit from top to bottom: 1. The part in the hair. Nothing like a good, old-fashioned, clean cut, man. 2. The bow tie. Thanks to a YouTube How To video he turned his sweet old white tie into a bow tie. 3. Three-piece suit. Who can resist a man in a three piece suit? I feel confident speaking for most of the female population and say, "I cannot resist a sharply dressed man in a 3 piece suit." 4. The pocket watch. I'm not sure it's featured in any of the pictures, but it was fun to learn how to open it, and only slightly depressing when I realized it didn't really serve it's functional purpose. We'll have to remedy that someday. However; it did serve it's fashion statement purpose. 5. Cuff links. Yes, this man is more than meets the eye. The blue stones matched well with his blue shirt. What a fancy-shmancy man!!!! 6. The shoes. I don't know exactly what to call them-wing tip? Blue Swayed? Lol. Anywho-if you know me, you know I used to be a dancin' fool. Love the shoes.

The cultural hall was decorated almost like a wedding reception-we later learned that a girl on the activity committee has her own wedding decor business. Chris took care of my every need and treated me like a true gentleman would. We danced to a few fast swings and enjoyed some of the slow songs. He confessed that he really might feel like dancing at our wedding, so as to not get your expectations up as high as mine, realize there was a "might" at the beginning of this sentence, but get your video cameras ready just in case.

We ended the night at Chris's apartment with two of my roommates and their dates and the movie, The Scarlet Pimpernel. It's a classic, and since then Chris and I have adopted the phrases, "Odds fish my dear," and "Sink me."

And to Christopher I say this: "Odds fish my dear, what a smashing night!"






This happens to be my favorite picture of the night. This is Jenna Baker-she's one of our friends in our ward. Just so you know-she is the spunkiest girl I know.



Fun Times


The true Christopher and Kareena.

No comments:

Post a Comment